At DPA, we believe that children starting school deserve an exciting environment that engages, inspires and challenges. Our early years team ensure that positive relationships are nurtured so that children can feel happy and safe.
We recognise that transition is an important part of children starting school as they begin to explore a new setting and meet new faces. Previously, we have offered come and play days, story sessions and home visits – all of which have helped us to build that all important bond.
Our children are given the opportunity to learn through our Primary Years Program, providing them with a rich and engaging curriculum. Children learn to read and write through our Read, Write, Inc Phonics scheme and are taught these skills in line with their developmental age. We recognise that children learn at different paces and ensure the teaching and learning is tailored to enable all children to thrive.
More reasons why you should apply for a school place at DPA
By applying to Dartford Primary Academy, you also become part of Leigh Academies Trust.
It encompasses 15,000 students between the ages of 2 and 19 in twenty three primary, secondary and special academies and the opportunities for collaboration and development are immense.
- We care – about our pupils through our human scale approach to education, our staff and their well-being and the communities that we serve, driven by our high ideals and strong moral values.
- We have boundless ambition – to achieve excellence for all and create confident young adults with high levels of resilience and integrity.
- We work together – as one team in the belief that we are greater than the sum of our parts. We foster an enterprising culture through collaboration and in close partnership with industry and other educators.
- We keep getting better – using our ‘can-do’ attitude towards continuous improvement and innovation.
1776 school worldwide teach the International Baccalaureate Primary Year Programme and only ten of these are in the UK. As we work towards becoming an IB World School, we will help your child to learn more so that they are able to do more.
We are a Read Write Inc school and Phonics is taught daily. Children are encouraged to read not only to develop their skills but also for enjoyment. We have held workshops and parent groups throughout the year so that you know how your child is getting on and how you can best help them.
Our children have been able to experience a variety of trips and event days to supplement their learning. Some examples of these include:
- Trips: Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Kidzania, Greenwich Observatory, Minnis Bay
- Clubs: Cookery, STEM, Story Club, Football, Hockey, Multiskills, Sewing
- Visitors: Eagle Heights, Zoolab, Pantomime, NSPCC, Astrodome, Dinosaur team
- Experience Days: Roald Dahl, Jeans for Genes, European Day of Languages, Victorian day, World Book Day, World Mental Health day, Diwali day
At DPA, our children have access to a wide range of facilities to enhance their learning:
- Dance studio
- Design and Technology room for cooking
- Library areas
- Playgrounds with natural areas
- Access to tablets and chromebooks for online learning
- Newly refurbished classrooms
We know that the key to success for a child is a strong link between home and school.
We have an Inclusion Team and Family Liasion Officers who hold a wealth of expertise, online platforms called Tapestry and Class Dojo to track your child’s progress at home and school, parent workshops and training sessions, contact books and a dedicated school Facebook page to help keep you updated.