The Department for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport, have jointly provided ring-fenced funding directly to primary schools, to improve the provision of physical education and school sport in primary schools across England.
The PE and sport premium must be spent by schools on ‘making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport’ for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
We will use the funding to:
- provide staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively and embed physical activity across your school
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers to enhance or extend current opportunities
- introduce new sports, dance or other activities to encourage more pupils to take up sport and physical activities
- enter more sport competitions
- partner with other schools to run sports activities and clubs
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- raise attainment in swimming to meet requirements of the national curriculum before the end of KS2
- embed physical activity into the school day through active playgrounds and active teaching
Accountability and Impact Statement
These PDF documents are not accessible. If you require accessible versions of these documents, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org