Welcome to Red Panda Class.
Mrs S. Litherland-Alam – Class Teacher
Mrs L. Hughes – Teaching Assistant
|Our PE day is Friday. Please ensure PE kits are in school on that day and all kits are clearly labelled.|
- Home reader books are changed on a Monday and Thursday. We encourage children to read the book three times – once to sound out new words , secondly to understand what the book is about and the third time to read it with more fluency and answer questions about its content. Please write in your child’s reading record book how they read. We will hear your child read regularly in school to assess their progress. Reading is essential to progress so please try and hear your child read as often as possible
- Spellings will be sent home on a Monday in your child’s reading record book and they will complete a short test the following Friday. Please support your child in learning these words.
- Purple Mash Purple Mash is a new online resource which we are using to teach Computing this year. The children can access all the resources that they use in school , at home! It is a very useful tool and it is parent friendly. It has tutorial videos to help parents understand what their child needs to do.
- PE The children will be doing PE on a Friday afternoon.
- Principal Award Every Friday, children’s work is celebrated in assembly. The adults in the class will choose a child who will be our star of the week and who will receive a certificate.
- Busters reading club Children need to read for at least 10 minutes every Wednesday and need to record it on their book ONLY on Wednesday night. Any other reading that week must be recorded in their contact book. Please make a big effort to get this done as the children are rewarded with lovely prizes and it encourages reading.
- Please return letters or reply slips in your child’s book bag. The children are encouraged to hand them in to a class adult in the morning.
- Please ensure water bottles and belongs are clearly labelled.
How The World Works – Term 4
Our central idea is – ‘Technology may enhance our lives.’
This term we are learning all about how different types of technology, how technology has changed over the years, why we use technology and how it can make our lives easier.