Our aim is to provide a learning curriculum that ensures every pupil, regardless of need or background, acquires the knowledge and skills to successfully transition to their secondary setting as a well informed, globally aware young person. At Dartford Primary Academy our curriculum uses the philosophy of the IB as the framework to underpin a breadth and depth of coverage to ensure it:
- Provides access for all,
- Promotes a positive attitude to learning,
- Encourages international-mindedness in our pupils,
- Challenges pupils to solve problems, show creativity and resourcefulness, and participate actively in our community;
- Supports the development of communication skills to encourage enquiry, understanding and to allow pupil reflection and expression;
- Emphasises, through the learner profile, the development of the whole pupil – physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
Our Curriculum has been carefully designed to enable the depth and breadth of the national curriculum to be explored through the transdisciplinary themes of the IB framework. A key focus through our curriculum intent is to enrich all pupils learning with co-curricular opportunities to enrich their cultural capital and life chances.