Welcome to your Parents Area!
We hope your child’s experience at DPA is a great one. We have put some useful links on this page that will provide you with all the information you may need to know about our academy. We also have information about general academy life under the academy life tab.
If you do not find the information that you need, please contact the school office.
Infant Site: 01322 223751
Junior Site: 01322 224453
We actively ask that if you drive your child to school, you prioritise your child’s safety and others around you and consider our residents. Please drive carefully and do not block driveways or access to their properties. At our infants site, we recommend that you do not park in Waid close and park outside of the area and walk your child the last few metres into the school gate. At our Junior site, we ask you to ensure you keep the yellow lines clear and drive slowly on your approach to/from the school. Please do not allow your child to disembark from your vehicle in the middle of the road. This is unsafe. We ask, as parents you discuss how to cross the road safely at all of our sites and we encourage you to model this for your child and others around you.
With regards to keeping our social spaces safe for all, we ask the following:
- Your support in ensuring your child does not ‘ride’ their bikes and scooters into the school grounds. Please ensure your child walks their bike or scooter into the entrances and playground and stores it away.
- No animals are bought onto site, unless a service dog needed to support a disability.
- In the event of any parental disagreements, these are undertaken away from the school site
- We actively seek your support and welcome your feedback. Please look out on the newsletters for our regular Coffee mornings.
Drop off and collection procedures
To help us keep your child safe, we are highlighting the following principles:
- Class Teachers are responsible for the orderly dismissal of pupils from their classrooms.
- Class Teachers must be sure that the pupils’ leaving arrangements are SAFE.
- Class Teachers will not allow children to leave with unknown persons or to another parent unless the school has been notified in advance. If an unknown adult or another parent comes to collect without school being informed in advance and we cannot contact parents – the child will be placed in Hall/library until we can contact parents.
- Children in Year 6 are only allowed to walk home alone with written permission from parents and agreement from school that it is appropriate and safe to do so. Year 5 will be allowed to walk home from the start of Module 5 with parental permission only.
- When children start in Reception parents, need to make the teacher aware of who will be collecting the child each day
- Where changes to a child’s normal pattern of home time occur, the school must be informed by the parent before the day starts or ideally, the day before.
- Where a person other than a child’s parent is collecting a child from school – school expects to be informed
- When children start in Foundation Stage parents, need to make the teacher aware of who will be collecting the child each day.
- Where a different adult to the usual person is sent to pick up a child – school needs written notification as they will not release a child to an unknown adult or to another parent
- All children must be in school by 8:45 am (9:00 am Reception) – Doors will be closed at this time and as parents, it is your responsibility to be on time. The impact of lateness is not just on your children but also on all the others in the class when lessons have to be stopped and the teacher has to go and explain to late children what they need to do. If your child is late you are asked to sign them in at reception giving a reason for the lateness.
- Parents will drop off / collect children (or arrange for this to happen) punctually. Please note there is an expectation that you collect promptly at 3:00pm, 3:15pm or 3:25pm. Whilst we recognise that there are occasions where parents are delayed through no fault of their own e.g. traffic jams etc. Children that are not collected on time will be supervised inside the building and parents will need to come via the office to collect.
- Please note that Wednesday collection is at 2:00pm at KS1 or 2:10pm at KS2.
With regards to older siblings collecting from school:
- We ask you to ensure KS1 children are collected by siblings 16 years or older.
- We recognise the independence of KS2 and will accept siblings of secondary school age.
We hope you will support the school with these arrangements.
If your child is being collected by someone other than the parent please inform the class teacher in writing or contact the school office.
If your child is in Year 5 or 6 and you would like them to walk home on their own, we would need to receive a written note from a parent to give permission. They may also bring in a mobile phone which should be switched off and left at the office. We would advise you that we take no responsibility for mobile phones.