Welcome to Giraffe Class.
Mr. D. Clover – Class Teacher
Mrs T. Ferigan – Teaching Assistant
Curriculum Letter to follow…
- Home reader books as we have only just begun to learn letters and sounds, we will not be sending these home yet. As your child learns to blend sounds to read simple words, we will begin to send books home.
- Home picture books are changed every Monday. These books are to encourage children to read for pleasure. This might be that you read the book to your child, talking about the story as you go. These books are chosen by the children from the library.
- Homework we have not begun to send homework out as the children are still finding their feet at school.
- Tapestry Please feel free to update Tapestry as frequently as you like. Children are able to share what they have done at home with their class and it is lovely to celebrate home achievements as well as school achievements! If you need help accessing, logging in or recording on Tapestry, please ask your class teacher.
- PE The children will be doing PE every other Thursday. We do not require a P.E kit yet, the children will start by taking off their shoes and socks only. Children who wear earrings are advised not to wear them on this day or they will be taped up for the P.E session.
- Principal’s Award Every Friday, children’s work is celebrated in ‘Celebration Assembly.’ The adults in the class will choose a child who will be our star of the week and they will receive a certificate. The star of the week will also be able to take our class bear home for the weekend.
- Please return letters or reply slips in your child’s book bag. The children are encouraged to hand them in to a class adult in the morning.
- Please ensure water bottles and belongings are clearly labelled.
- Children go outside in all weathers. Please ensure children are dressed appropriately or have a raincoat on their peg – just in case!
Home learning tips:
To help celebrate World Book Day, Reception visited Dartford Library! We learnt how to use the library to borrow books, explored the children’s area, shared lots of stories and had a lovely walk through the park talking about all the books we had read! What a lovely day for us all!
Who we are – Term 1
This term we are finding out more about ourselves! Our inquiry statement is: Every day I learn about myself and what I can do. Reception have used mirrors to investigate our features and how they might be similar or different to our friends. We will be discussing our own and others feelings as well as learning how keep our bodies healthy!