Blue Whales is a 58 place Nursery offering child care for 38 weeks of the year operating as part of Dartford Primary Academy, part of the Leigh Academies Trust.
Funding options – One intake per year in September
A child born on or between 1st April and 31st August will be eligible for a free place from September, following their third birthday.
- 15 hours funding – All 3 to 4-year-old children in England can get 570 hours of free early education or childcare per year. This is usually taken as 15 hours a week for 38 weeks of the year.
- 30 Hours Funding – Each parent (or sole parent in a single family) will need to earn over £120 per week (or £112.80 if you are aged 21-24) and no more than £100k per annum from paid employment, which entitles a child to up to 30 hours’ free childcare per week. This is usually taken as 30 hours a week for 38 weeks of the year. This is applied for via the Government website and will need to be updated termly.
Funding and session times will be agreed with the Nursery Manager prior to your child starting Nursery. We do not offer the option for any additional hours.
All children have to attend 5 days a week, whether this be 5 morning sessions, 5 afternoon sessions or 5 full days. This pattern of attendance helps the children feel more settled within the setting, supports building stronger relationships with staff and the other children and provides a greater opportunity for them to make good progress.
As we are part of Dartford Primary Academy we are able to utilise the resources and environment around us to provide a stimulating and exciting learning experience whilst encouraging the children to develop a sense of independence.
Our pattern of funded hours from September 2021 are as follows:
- 08:30 – 11:30 and 12:00 – 15:00 – Monday to Friday (5 days per week) 30 hours.
- 08:30 – 11:30 – Monday to Friday (5 days per week) 15 hours.
- 12:00 – 15:00 – Monday to Friday (5 days per week) 15 hours.
- 15 hours Government funded placement will consist of 5 morning OR 5 afternoon sessions.
- 38 weeks per year – term time only.
Fee Structure – For 30 hours children only
To ensure our business is sustainable, for children who are in receipt of 30 hours funding, there is the option of additional lunchtime activities between 11:30-12:00 each day for a small fee to cover additional staffing costs.
If you would like your child to access the lunch activities during this half hour within the nursery setting, you will need to pay a small daily fee of £3.
This cost will provide play activities and a member of staff to supervise and play with the children. You will need to provide your child with a packed lunch each day.
This non-refundable fee will need to be paid each term and in advance. It will be non-refundable.
Once you have notified us that your child be staying for lunchtime activities, we will send you details of how to pay.