Dartford Primary Academy is located in North West Kent in a diverse social, economic and cultural area. Students are therefore growing up in an increasingly multicultural society where they are subject to various attitudes towards different groups and certain images portrayed in the media and online.
At Dartford Primary Academy we are committed to the elimination of unlawful discrimination, to advance equality of opportunity and to foster good relations between all.
We aim to:
- Actively close gaps in attainment and progress between all groups of students; especially students eligible for free-school meals, students with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and students from minority ethnic groups.
- Use the IB Primary Years Programme throughout the academy to place an emphasis on students being global citizens, part of their local communities and the wider global community.
- Identify opportunities in the curriculum to look at other cultures/countries, study famous people from ethnic minorities and with a variety of abilities and to celebrate diversity.
- Provide learning environments that are welcoming, safe and respectful of learners from all communities.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences both in and beyond the curriculum.