Dartford Primary Academy is located in North West Kent in a diverse social, economic and cultural area. Students are therefore growing up in an increasingly multicultural society where they are subject to various attitudes towards different groups and certain images portrayed in the media and online.
At Dartford Primary Academy we are committed to the elimination of unlawful discrimination, to advance equality of opportunity and to foster good relations between all.
We aim to:
- Actively close gaps in attainment and progress between all groups of students; especially students eligible for free-school meals, students with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and students from minority ethnic groups.
- Use the IB Primary Years Programme throughout the academy to place an emphasis on students being global citizens, part of their local communities and the wider global community. Provide the regular opportunity for discussion and debate learning how to respectfully put across the opinions and values of others.
- Identify opportunities in the curriculum to look at other cultures/countries, study famous people from ethnic minorities and with a variety of abilities and to celebrate diversity. Ensuring that the curriculum across all subjects are culturally diverse to reflect modern Britain.
- Provide learning environments that are welcoming, safe and respectful of learners from all communities.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences both in and beyond the curriculum.
- Ensure that an inclusive environment is promoted that means every child regardless of gender, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, age or disability is accepted and valued.
- Ensure children have an age-appropriate understanding of healthy relationships in RSE.